Manager: First, Last | extension | email address (if different from email@example.com)
Program Specialist: First, Last | extension | email address (if different from firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Program Specialist: First, Last | extension | email address (if different from email@example.com)
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island
Manhattan – 330 West 42nd Street ( or other Manhattan sites) Brooklyn – 25 Elm Place
Bronx – 2501 Grand Concourse, 3rd Floor Staten Island – 790 Port Richmond Avenue Hicksville, L.I. – 100 Duffy Ave., 3rd Floor
Requirements for Eligibility
• For General Enrollment, you must be at least twenty-one (21)
years old and an 1199SEIU member for one year.
Being ‘tech savvy’ is now a necessity! All of the High Demand Professions listed on pages 7-9 have major technology competency requirements. Computer literacy is a skill set that health care workers need to possess.
The Training and Upgrading Fund offers computer training beginning with keyboarding for the novice and continuing through to Microsoft Excel® instruction. Computer classes are integrated into the Pre-College Programs (High School
Completion, College Prep, and Pre-Nursing Prep) as a technology component for each program. Other specialized computer courses are available upon request.
The Computer Literacy curriculum consists of 3 focus areas: Computer Basics, Microsoft Word® and Microsoft Excel®. You are assessed throughout each track to ensure progress in the program and achievement of a Certificate of Completion. The areas of instruction include:
• You are introduced to the fundamentals of computer technology, the Internet and using Blackboard® as a means of communication.
• Using the basic features of Microsoft Word you learn to create, edit, save, print documents and more.
• You learn to create and design flyers and tables, as well as more complex features such as mail merges, macros and templates.
• You learn to create and work with spreadsheets, tables and columns, use formulas and functions, as well as build and edit graphs and charts.
• Additionally, you learn how to use the pivot table feature, v-lookup, filter and sort features, and present a worksheet as a report.